The bird Turkey, for many is only known as the festival bird. I would like to share a very interesting fact over here – National Turkey Federation (NTF) has mentioned in their publishing that 95% only prefer turkey meal on Thanksgiving occasion. It is also estimated that during this particular time, 46 million festival birds are consumed. This in other means indicates that about 675 million pounds of the bird are served on hundreds of dining tables. Also, a big, giant turkey means a good amount of bird’s leftover – this helps in cooking some of the mouthwatering dishes including both starters and main course.
This poultry meat is also low fat, it contains a good amount of proteins, so it’s healthy. Not only this, the turkey farming has also gained popularity over the years because it offers excellent nutritional value and tastes superb as well.
Many people fail to cook a good, tasty and appealing turkey meal for many reasons. Many complain that it looks burnt and tastes dry, when on the table, and it gets kind of embarrassing in front of the guests. This is why the culinarians get hundreds of calls from the housewives as well as other cooking experts. They inquire about how to sustain the natural liquidity of the meat and provide it better look. The world renowned chefs have the same comments, ‘it’s really simple and easy to cook a turkey; however, it’s just the game of concentration’. This is a piece of advice for all the turkey lovers and also those who love cooking it.
Simple tips which can help you cook turkey meat products easily include;
- Oven temperature must be accurate.
- Many keep on checking the oven by opening it again and again; this spoils the meat due to the difference in the temperatures.
- In order to obtain best taste, leave the turkey in marination for at least two days. Make sure you keep in the refrigerator.
- In order to provide the aroma to the turkey, make sure you follow a good combination of wine, lemon, vinegar and other spices.
By bearing this in mind, now here you go with the most popular food that is made from the turkey meat; indeed, your mouth would get watery because they are a delight for the eye too.
1: Turkey Cordon Bleu Croquettes
You can serve them as starters – tempting turkey meatballs are indeed something to die for; here you go with a quick recipe;
- Take a bowl, add turkey breast meat, 1 chopped onion, baked ham (chopped) half plate, half teaspoon thyme, black pepper, salt and paprika; also, add a cube of cheese (shredded); this would help in forming the meatballs.
- Once done, in a separate bowl make bread crumbs and coat each meatball in that. Lastly, heat some oil in a pan and fry the meatballs in that for 7-9 minutes. Serve with ketchup or green sauce.
2: Papperdalle with Turkey Ragu
The yummy pasta indeed is one of the finest and tastiest turkey meals – it can be a main course for any good event as well. Here you go with a quick recipe;
- Boil one packet of pasta as per instruction on the packet and keep it aside.
- Mix 2 chopped carrots, one onion, 2 cloves of garlic, and 2 pounds of grounded turkey meat with all the necessary spices in a bowl. Also add 1 teaspoon of rosemary, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of white wine.
- Now, in a pan pour one jar of marinade sauce and add the mixture of turkey – let it cook for 10 minutes so that everything gets sauté; now add the pasta in the pan and mix the entire dish for 3 minutes. You can serve it with grated Parmesan or any other thing you like.
3: Roast Turkey Cordon Bleu
It is the most adored recipes and thanksgiving days seem incomplete without a tempting roasted turkey on the table. It can easily serve 10 guests at a time.
4: Turkey Empanadas with Salad:
Golden brown Turkey filled empanadas are perfect starters for a fine high-tea. Also, you can serve it with salad to increase the dish’s appeal – this would please the guests too.
5: Turkey- Vegi soup:
With the basic vegetable soup recipe, you can make a delicious turkey soup easily.
Other than the mentioned ones, there are more than thousands of recipes and ways to cook and serve turkey. Usually the adored types are;
- Turkey burgers
- Turkey stuffed with vegetables
- Turkey sandwiches
- Turkey stews